Try Engineering is a resource for students, their parents, their teachers, and their school counselors. It is a portal for engineering information, lessons, activities, and careers.
The main sections of the resource include:
- Become an Engineer—Learn more about engineering careers, get insights from engineers, find listings ranging from summer camps and competitions to internships and research positions, and learn more about the different types of engineering fields.
- Find a University—Search for engineering degree programs all over the world.
- Lesson Plans—Find a variety of lesson plans that align with education standards.
- Play Games—Try games created by Try Engineering and links to games on other sites that give students the opportunity to use problem-solving skills engineers use every day.
- Blog and News—Read up on the latest announcements and site additions.
In addition to these sections, the site provides sections geared specifically to school counselors, parents, students, and teachers.
This resource could be used in a number of ways in and out of the classroom. Teachers can use the site as a resource for lesson ideas or online activities to supplement what they teach in the classroom. Students can use the site themselves to do the online activities or to check out colleges. Parents can use the site in much the same way as a school counselor—to search for information on engineering careers and colleges so they can help their children make informed decisions.