Using what you've learned about skin care and acne, answer the questions in this online lesson assessment: Your Pimple Knowledge. As an alternative, you can answer these same questions using this sheet.
Directions: Circle the letter of the correct answer.
1. The color and texture or your skin is determined by your _______.
A. blood type B. gender C. intelligence D. genetics
2. Subcutaneous tissue, the third layer of skin, helps your body _______.
A. store oil glands B. produce melanin C. stay warm D. create new skin cells
3. To avoid dry skin, you should limit you shower and bath time to ______ minutes.
A. 15 B. 25 C. 35 D. 45
4. Experts say that acne is caused by _______.
A. drinking soda B. eating fast food C. dirty skin D. hormones and heredity
5. Studies show that _______ are the most likely to have severe and long-term forms of acne.
A. young women B. young men C. older women D. older men
6. Red pimples with white centers, called _______, are considered a severe form of acne.
A. nodules B. papules C. pustules D. comedones
7. Experts suggest that the best way to treat severe acne is to _______.
A. reduce stress B. avoid oily foods C. ignore it D. take prescription medication
8. Acne is a disorder of the skin’s _______ that results in clogged pores and lesions (pimples).
A. sweat glands B. sebaceous glands C. hair follicles D. nerve endings
9. _______ is not a factor that can make acne worse.
A. Eating chocolate B. Greasy makeup C. Pollution D. High hormone levels
10. The purpose of acne treatment is to _______.
A. produce sebum B. reduce stress C. remove skin D. prevent scars
11. People with acne should wash their faces gently with a mild cleanser _______.
A. once a day B. twice a day C. once a week D. twice a week
12. People who squeeze, pick at, or pinch their pimples risk developing _______.
A. scars B. wrinkles C. sun spots D. skin cancer