This sheet is for you to refer to for this group writing experience, especially if the majority of your students are not yet reading and writing.
- What does your character look like?
- What does your character smell like?
- What does your character like to taste?
- What does your character NOT like to touch?
- What does your character NOT like to hear?
- What does your character do? What exciting, sad, frustrating, scary, or happy things happen in your story?
- What is the mystery?
- How does your character use each of her/his five senses when doing things? (Refer to your
Sense Detective student sheet to give you ideas.)
- For example, does your character…
- Hear any strange noises? How does s/he learn what the noise is?
- Smell something wonderful and follow her/his nose? What smelled so good?
- See something s/he wasn’t quite sure of? How did s/he use her/his eyes to learn more about it?
- Taste the most disgusting thing in the world? What was it? How can s/he get that terrible taste off her/his tongue?
- Feel something unusual? What was it? How did her/his fingers help her/him learn what it was?
How does it end?
- What happens at the end of the story? Does the mystery get solved? How?
- How did your character use her/his five senses to solve the mystery?
This teacher sheet is a part of the My Senses Tell Me...