Photo Credit: CDC [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
You should use resources you can find on the Internet or at the library to condcut research on the bacterium anthrax. Use the information you find to create a "Wanted Poster" for anthrax.
Create a Wanted poster on any one of the 3 types of Anthrax.
- Wanted: ”Anthrax”
- Scientific name
2. Mug Shot
- Draw, or cut out a picture of the bacterium
- Label the parts
- Body systems it attacks
- Different types of infections
- How it is transmitted
- What organisms it usually infects
- What type of workers have been exposed
- Injury to victim (symptoms)
- Damage to the body
6. Hide Out
- Ways to defend yourself from contracting this disease
8. Other Details:
- Make sure your poster is colorful.
- Name, date and period go on the back of your poster.
- How Anthrax Works: http://www.howstuffworks.com/anthrax5.htm
- Centers for Disease Control: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/anthrax_g.htm
- JAMA-Journal of American Medical Association: http://www.ama-assn.org/public/journals/patient/archive/pat1128.htm
- Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program: http://www.anthrax.osd.mil/Flash_interface/intro.html
- Bacterial Image Library: http://www.rkm.com.au/ANTHRAX/index.html
- NIH-National Institute Health-X-plain Online: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/tutorials/anthrax/id379102.html