Respond to these questions regarding your chosen health technology. These questions will guide you as you complete your research.
What technology have you chosen?___________________________________________________
(Note: Your technology must be pre-approved by your teacher.)
- Explain your technology. What is it? How does it work?
- What is the science that goes into your technology? That is, name and describe the scientific concepts that go into the technology you have chosen.
- How was this science harnessed into technology? What problems needed to be overcome for your technology to happen, and how were they overcome?
- Who benefits and who suffers from your technology? What are the social and financial costs?
- What are the risks of this technology? How probable and how severe are they? What has been or can be done to minimize them?
- Do these costs change over time? Do some develop more quickly or slowly than the others? How?
- Might there be risks to not using this technology? How do they compare to the risks of using this technology?
- Is your technology controversial? Why? List some of the arguments for and against your technology and how it has been used in society.