This activity from Garbage-ology will help you experience one way in which archaeological evidence is gathered and interpreted.
Directions: As your group does the Garbage-ology activity, answer the questions below. Discuss each question before you answer. Write down all interpretations of the evidence.
1. List the contents of your garbage bag(s).
2. What activities do you think took place in the household, based on your evidence?
3. Who carried out these activities—an individual, a group, a family?
4. What room do you think each bag came from?
5. How did you reach your conclusions?