Photo Credit: Clipart.com
Use this worksheet to answer questions and take notes while you listen to the audio excerpt.
- Describe cystic fibrosis (CF).
- What are the kinds of things that Brendan Harrigan and his family have to do on a daily basis to deal with CF?
- The CF prenatal test is said to be controversial because it is not definitive for some ethnic groups. Explain why this is so.
- Can CF tests tell the severity of the disease that your unborn child might have?
- What are some psychological implications of having prenatal tests done?
- Describe the different perspectives that women in the excerpt have on prenatal testing.
- Doctors want to make CF testing mandatory in the United States. Based on what some of these women have said, do you think that all pregnant women over 35 should be required to have this prenatal test? Explain.