Work through the lab procedure making notes and sketches in your science notebook. Then answer the questions at the bottom of this sheet.
1. Put a very small drop of pond water on a slide. Place a cover slip over it. First, look though a
2. Now look at the drop of water through the microscope at 30x magnification.
(Note—if you do not see anything on your slide, make more slides until you do.)
3. Once you see a living thing, follow it closely and sketch it in your notebook. Draw some of the
paths it takes as it moves across the field of your microscope.
4. Then sketch the shape of the kind of living organism you seem to see most often in your field.
Also sketch the shape of the largest organism you see in your field.
5. Repeat steps 2 - 4 at 100x magnification.