Answer the questions on this sheet using the resources found on the Simulating Climate Change student esheet.
Simulating Climate Change esheet
EurekAlert Article, Part A
- Why do you think that the scientists observed the effects of climate change in the California grassland for five years?
- What do you think it means when the article states that the scientists “manipulated the climate”?
- In your own words, explain the importance of having controls in an experiment.
Climate Change Research in California, Part A
- How is climate predicted to change at the Angelo Costal Range Reserve in Northern California?
- If climate change disturbs the grassland meadow ecosystem as predicted, what are some of the corresponding changes you might see in the grassland plants and animals?
- Do you think human activities could be part of what causes global climate change? Why or why not?
EurekAlert Article/Climate Change Research in California, Part B
- In your own words, explain what the scientists observed in the grassland meadow after five years. Did anything change? Make sure you mention both plants and animals!
- How does your experiment with the plants compare to what the scientists observed in the grassland meadow?