Use this sheet to answer the questions posed on the Comparing Theories student esheet.
1. How did Darwin explain his observations of the diversity of island finches?
2. Describe the types of environmental pressures faced by living organisms.
3. What are mutations? Describe the relationship between mutations and variations in organisms.
4. Describe the term “survival of the fittest.”
5. Why does Moby call natural selection the “driving force behind the theory of evolution”?
6. How does the theory of natural selection explain the observed diversity of life?