By Peggy Greb, U.S. Department of Agriculture [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
You and your classmates will now work together to make a MyPlate poster. First, work with your team to get information about the food group you've been assigned. Follow the directions on this sheet to complete it.
- Poster Board
- Colored Construction Paper
- Markers, pens, colored pencils
- Choose a piece of construction paper that is the color that goes with your food group: Red–fruits; Green–vegetables; Purple–protein; Orange–grains.
- Cut this paper into a quarter of a circle.
- Research your food group to get this information:
- Recommended number of servings
- Types of food found in the group
- Benefits to the body
- Put this information your construction paper.
- You can include images/pictures of the body parts that these foods help.
Once you're done with your food group, it will be added to the poster to form your class's version of MyPlate.