Photo Credit: Science NetLinks
This sheet has instructions for building a model water cycle and a place to record your observations for the activity.
- A large metal or plastic bowl
- A pitcher or bucket
- A sheet of clear plastic wrap
- A dry ceramic mug (like a coffee mug)
- A long piece of string or large rubber band
- Put the bowl in a sunny place outside, on a windowsill, or on a table under a window.
- Using the pitcher or bucket, pour water into the bowl until it is about ¼ full.
- Place the mug in the center of the bowl. Be careful not to splash any water into it.
- Cover the top of the bowl tightly with the plastic wrap.
- Tie the string/or rubber band around the bowl to hold the plastic wrap in place.
- Observe the bowl as it is now and write down your observations below.
- Let the bowl sit in the sun for a couple of hours and then observe it again to see what has happened.
Observations of bowl before it sits in sun:
Observations of bowl after it sits in sun: