Use your Introducing Atoms student esheet to explore atoms and understand more about the structure and characteristics of atoms.
1. What makes the elements in the Periodic Table different?
2. What is the name for the center of the atom containing the protons and neutrons?
3. What kinds of electrical charges do protons, electrons, and neutrons have?
4. What does it mean if an entire atom has a neutral charge?
5. Describe the movement of the electrons.
6. What can happen to the atomic particles when you rub two objects together?
7. What happens to an object that loses electrons?
8. What happens to an object that gains electrons?
9. What happens to an object with a positive charge and an object with a negative charge?
10. What causes the particles of the atom to stay together?