Use the resources about the food group you've been assigned to help you answer the questions on this sheet.
Use the Fruits (Red) section of MyPlate (http://www.choosemyplate.gov/fruit) to find answers to these questions. You should read the opening page and then the “What counts as a cup?”
1. You should eat a ____________ of fruits. Eat __________, _____________, _____________, and
________________ fruit but do not include too much _____________ _______________.
2. Any fruit or __________ fruit juice counts as the fruit group.
3. Name five fruits and one juice that could be 100% fruit.
__________________ ________________ ___________________ __________________
________________ _________________ juice
Next, click on “How much is needed?”
4. Find the chart and copy your daily recommendation of fruit for your age.
Girls ______________ Boys _____________
Now, click on “Health benefits and nutrients.”
5. Find three diseases which have a reduced risk for those who eat more fruits and vegetables.
6. Fruits are an important source of nutrients including _______________, __________ ____________, and vitamin _______.
Then, click “Tips to help you eat fruits.”
7. What are some tips for eating fruits?
Be prepared to summarize in class the Fruit group by defining it, giving an example, and telling the daily recommendation of fruit for your age.