Use the resources about the food group you've been assigned to help you answer the questions on this sheet.
Use the Dairy (Blue) section of MyPlate (http://www.choosemyplate.gov/dairy) to find answers to these questions. You should read the opening page and then the “What counts as a cup?”
1. The opening paragraph tells you to get your ___________ rich food. Most dairy choices should be _________ fat or _______ _________ products.
You may also choose other ____________ sources for this food group.
2. All ____________ dairy products and foods made from milk are part of this food group. Foods that do not retain __________ are not part of the food group.
3. List three examples of dairy products.
Next, go to “How much is needed?” Click to see chart.
5. Find the chart and copy your daily recommendation of dairy for your age.
Girls ___________________ Boys ______________________
Next, click on “Health benefits and nutrients.”
6. People with a diet including dairy products can reduce the risk of ___________ bone mass. Foods in the dairy group provide nutrients such as _______________________, __________________________, ________________________, and ___________________.
7. Summarize two of the health benefits of the dairy group.
8. Why is it important to make fat-free choices?
Click on “Tips for Making Wise Choices.”
9. What are some tips for consuming dairy?
Be prepared in class to summarize the Dairy food group by defining it, giving examples, and telling the daily recommendation for your age of dairy products.