Use the resources on the Cycle of Life 1 student esheet to answer the questions on this student sheet.
Cycle of Life 1 Esheet
- Are plants always at the bottom of the food chain?
- You learned that plants are considered producers in a food chain and animals are considered consumers. What is the difference between these roles?
- How do plants or producers make their own food?
- What is photosynthesis?
- How do plants grow? How do animals grow?
- What is the source of energy for plants?
- What are the sources of energy and thus growth for animals?
- Food chains almost always start with ___________________________________?
- What is a food chain?
- What is the importance of a food chain?
- Observe the following food chain:
plant plankton → crawdads → little fish → big fish → bears
a. What would happen if the bears were extinct?
b. What would happen if all the shrimp were removed from the lake?
- If you take one item out of a food chain, how does this affect all other plants or animals in a food chain?
- What is a food web?
- What four major elements compose a food web?
- Can humans cause an imbalance in the food chain?
- Are people herbivores, carnivores, or omnivores?
- What is important about decomposers, such as bacteria and fungi?
- What would happen if the sun didn’t exist?