To enhance your understanding about systems, you should now compare and contrast a school system to a different system—the digestive system.
First, read Your Digestive System on the KidsHealth website.
Now that you know a little about the digestive system, take a look at the Digestive System diagram and answer these questions on the School System and Digestive System student sheet:
- Based on what you know about systems, explain why the digestive system is a “system.”
- Choose three parts of the digestive system and describe their functions.
- Now, choose one part of the digestive system and describe how it affects other parts of the digestive system.
- Describe how a school system and a digestive system are similar.
- Describe how a school system and digestive system are different.
- We discussed how a school system is actually a subsystem of a larger educational system. Is the digestive system also a subsystem of a larger system? How so?
This esheet is a part of the My School as a System lesson.