Your class has been chosen by a confederation of wildlife organizations to help in their global, 21st-century campaign promoting greater awareness about the growing threat to endangered species, the environment, and to human beings around the world. Use the resources on this sheet to help you gather information for your poster and advertising campaign.
Before you begin your research of an endangered species, you should first explore Endangered and Threatened Species for a basic orientation on the plight of endangered species, humanity's role, why protection is important, and how you can help in this vital cause. As you view this resource, think about answers to these questions:
- What is the difference between a threatened species and an endangered species?
- Why should we protect endangered species?
- As a human being, how do you think or feel about this ongoing global and potentially disastrous problem?
- How can you as an individual help this cause?
Now that you have some background information on endangered species, you should use these resources to help you create your poster and advertising campaign:
- The 21st Century Save Our Animals Project student sheet
- Endangered Species Profile student sheet
- Species at Risk website
- Animal Info - World’s Rarest Animals website
This esheet is a part of the Endangered Species 1: Why Are Species Endangered? lesson.