In this lesson you will be building and launching a model rocket. As many racketeers around the world know, this can be a lot of fun. But just as with real rockets that are launched into space, many things must be taken into account when building an launching them, not the least of which is safety.
To prepare for this and to learn more about rockets visit Beginner's Guide to Rockets.
As you are exploring the site, think about the answers to the following questions:
- In general, what is the purpose of a model?
- With what models (other than rockets) are you familiar?
- What are the limitations of a model?
- What are the benefits/advantages of a model?
- How are model rockets like real ones and how are they different?
Now that you are ready to being to work with a model rocket, read the Model Rocket Safety Code from the National Association of Rocketry.
This esheet is a part of the Rocket Launch lesson.