This is an introduction to the planet Mercury to help you develop an understanding of the planet’s composition, geology, and other important characteristics.
Read through Adler Planetarium's Mercury page to learn facts and details about the planet Mercury.
Take notes as you go so you will be able to accurately answer the primary questions of this lesson:
- What does Mercury look like?
- Where is Mercury?
- How big is Mercury?
- How did the planet Mercury get its name?
- How long does it take Mercury to orbit the sun?
- What is the temperature on Mercury?
- What would you weigh on Mercury—more or less than on Earth?
Design a travel brochure for the planet Mercury. In your brochure, tell prospective tourists what the planet is like, what some activities might be, how long it will take to get there, and what to pack. Illustrate your brochure will original art or with photographs.
This esheet is a part of the Mercury lesson.