Have you ever heard of the golden lion tamarins? You may have had a chance to see them at the zoo. Watch the video to learn more about these animals.
Watch the Meet the Golden Lion Tamarin Family at the Palm Beach Zoo. This video provides some good information on the monkeys. Once you’ve watched the video, answer these questions on your Great Monkey Rescue student sheet (you’ll discuss them with your class):
- Where are golden lion tamarins found?
- They are considered an endangered species. Do you know what that means?
- Who in the golden lion tamarin family takes part in raising the babies?
- How many golden lion tamarins were left in their natural habitat by the 1970s?
- What did scientists do to try to save the species? Did this effort succeed?
- What is the goal for the number of golden lion tamarins in the wild by 2025? How can we make that happen?
This esheet is a part of the The Great Monkey Rescue lesson.