You have probably heard about global climate change from your science teacher or others or you have read something about this topic in newspapers, magazines, or science books.This activity will help you learn more about this important topic.
To learn more about global climate change, read: More time tells a different story about plants and climate change, Part A and Part B. Answer these questions on the Plants and Climate Change student sheet.
- What does an ecologist study?
- By looking at the picture of the grassland plots, how can you determine which plots received extra water?
- How were the animals affected by the change in plant growth?
Now watch the Climate Change Research in California, Part A (see video player above) and Part B. Answer these questions after watching the video.
- The Angelo Costal Range Reserve in Northern California is predicted to get more rainfall. How did the scientists add more water to their research plots?
- How did adding extra water affect plant growth in the plots?
- How were the plants collected from the plots?
- Prediction: Do you think the amount of plant fruits and seeds will increase or decrease with added watering?
This esheet is a part of the Grasslands and Climate Change lesson.