Today in Science
Future Famers Unite
Celebrate agriculture and the current and future farmers of America this week, Feb. 21-28.
National Future Farmers of America Week gives members a chance to educate the public about agriculture. The week of George Washington’s birthday (Feb. 22) was designated as National FFA Week in 1947 in honor of the first president's farming expertise.
Check out some of the agriculture-related resources Science NetLinks has to offer:
- Crops 1: Where Does Food Come From? (K-2)
- Farming 1: Farm Machines (K-2)
- Farming 2: Packaging and Transport (K-2)
- Global Breakfast (3-5)
- Farmers & Pesticide (6-12)
- Robot Farmers (6-12)
- Wasted Food (6-12)
- Economic Sectors and International Development (9-12)