Check out these webinars, Twitter chats, video hangouts, and other online events pertaining to STEM and STEM education happening in the next two weeks.
Submissions to the DuPont Challenge Science Essay Competition are due on January 31. This competition asks students to write a maximum 1000-word essay about how STEM innovation can improve lives. See the contest website for more details.
Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter (@sciencenetlinks) about any events that we're missing!
- Webinar: Center of Mass and Center of Pressure: Engineering a Stable Rocket by NSTA, 6:30pm ET
- Twitter chat: #edchat, 12pm ET and 7pm ET
- Webinar: The USA National Phenology Network: Informing Science, Conservation and Resource Management by the USGS, 3:30pm ET
- Webinar: Wired for Student Success: A Crosswalk between the Arts and Technology Standards for Students by ISTE, 4pm ET
- Webinar: Inquiry Learning Big6-Style: It All Starts with Asking Great Questions! by EdWeb, 4pm ET
- Webinar: Flipping Your Classroom Without Internet by EdWeb, 5pm ET
- Webinar: NGSS Core Ideas: From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes by NSTA, 6:30pm ET
- Webinar: Perspectives in STEM: An evening with Dr. Laurie Leshin by New York Academy of Science, 7pm ET
- Webinar: Social Media: An Essential Tool for K-12 Classrooms by EdWeb, 4pm ET
- Webinar: Engineering Design Process: On The Moon by NSTA by NSTA, 6:30pm ET
- Webinar: Professional Development Programs for Climate Change Education by the National Wildlife Federation, 7:30pm ET
- Webinar: Raw Human Data in Biomedicine: Providing Access and Agency by AAAS ScienceLIVE, 3pm ET
- Webinar: Why Innovate? by EdTech Teacher, 4pm ET
- Webinar: Make it Yourself: Students as ebook creators by EdWeb, 5pm ET
- Webinar: Enhance and Extend Your Professional Learning with the NSTA Learning Center by NSTA, 6:30pm ET
- Webinar: Personalizing Learning with the iPad to Empower Interactivity and Student Thinking by EdWeb, 4pm ET
Tuesday, February 4
Wednesday, February 5
- Webinar: Going 1-to-1 with Google for Education at Richland School District Two by EdWeek, 3pm ET
- Webinar: Branding Your School - YOU Tell The Story by EdWeb, 4pm ET
- Webinar: "E" is for "Enabling" STEM Learning by NSTA, 6:30pm
- Webinar: Chemistry of Water: Mars Exploration—Is There Water on Mars? by NSTA, 7:30pm
Thursday, February 6
- Webinar: Time for a Change: A Proven Solution for Blended Project-Based Learning by EdWeek, 2pm ET
- Webinar: Combining alternative therapies with conventional medical treatments by AAAS ScienceLIVE, 3pm ET
- Webinar: Digital Decisions: Choosing the Right Technology for Early Childhood Education by EdWeb, 5pm ET
- Webinar: Electrolysis of Water: Math and Science @ Work – A Breath of Fresh Air by NSTA, 6:30pm
- Webinar: Digital Learning Day - What Are The Important Digital Literacies from a Global Perspective? by EdTech Teacher, 8:30pm
LEAVE A COMMENT
Your email is never published or shared. All comments are reviewed by Science NetLinks before they appear on the site.