Unusual molecular arrangement of spider silk prevents the arachnids from spinning in midair
With over 100,000 global members, the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is dedicated to advancing science, engineering, and innovation throughout the world for the benefit of all people. Now, more than ever, AAAS needs people like you to add their vocal and visible support to our extensive efforts on behalf of the scientific enterprise and scientists, engineers, educators, students, and concerned citizens everywhere.
At AAAS we create easier, more reliable methods for engaging students — and we want to share them with you.
AAAS will help you bring the world of science to your students. Teachers & administrators in K-12 who want the latest science and technology resources for their classroom can join AAAS for just $65 a year.
Become a AAAS teacher member to make a difference in classrooms and communities.
You'll gain resources to help you:
Save Time with Teaching Resources
- Access extensive classroom resources for science teachers and students, including online lesson plans and more on award winning programs such as ScienceNetlinks, Project 2061, and Science in the Classroom
- Save time planning with a complimentary subscription to Science Books & Films, an online critical review journal covering print and non-print science material for all ages
- Exclusive newsletters, research, articles, videos, profiles, on-demand courses and more on MemberCentral
- Receive timely e-newsletters on science and technology news, policy and more
- Discover the latest news in digital* or print delivery of the journal Science, AAAS’ premier global science weekly
Expand Your Network
- Make connections and collaborate with educators, scientists and engineers—locally, nationally, and globally—through member forums, discipline-specific sections, regional divisions, meetings, and online communities
- Promote advancements in science education and communicate the value of science and with community outreach, volunteer and advocacy opportunities like the STEM Volunteer Program
- Save money on AAAS journals and publications, courses and meetings as well as on other products and services
Together, we can better prepare the next generation of problem-solvers.